- 1 Pie Crust raw, unbaked
- 2-1/2 cup Pecan Halves
- 3 ea Eggs, large
- 1 cup Corn Syrup, Dark
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, Dark
- 1-1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Butter melted, but not hot
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, Ground
Toast the Pecans
- Heat the oven to 325F.
- Spread the pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes to toast them.
- Remove from sheet to cool.
Prepare the Crust
- Place the crust into a 9-1/2 in pie pan. (You can use a commercially available frozen or refrigerated pie crust, or use your favorite recipe.)
- Brush the edges with egg wash if you like them extra brown. Set aside.
Prepare the Filling
- Divide the pecans into two piles. Roughly chop one pile and leave the other pile whole.
- Beat the eggs until smooth. Then add each of the other ingredients, mixing them in one by one. Add the pecans last.
Bake the Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes. If the crust starts to look too brown, you can put a tent of aluminum foil over it.
- Set aside to cool. The pie will thicken as it cools.